Thursday, March 24, 2005

BOWLING for peace

C has decided that he loves bowling. "It's my favorite." The child has never set foot withing 100 yards of a bowling alley but none the less bowling it is. I am assuming he gleaned information from the television because all of a sudden out of the blue he HAS to go bowling. So this morning I looked at the various local bowling alleys to see when a good time would be to go bowling. I am not fool enough to take 2 small children to the bowling alley by myself so we are limited to times when B is home from work. Slim pickings for the after 6 crowd, that is unless we want to join a league. That would be fun, we could have shirts made "Our little army"... Of course E can't even pick up a ball yet..

Not being able to go bowling immediately put C in a bad mood before the morning had even begun. By the time E came downstairs and we TRIED to do our morning devotional C was pulling the cushions off the couch and trying to put a DVD in by himself, a sure sign of a bad day ahead. Luckily I am not above bribery and I used the "No bowling" threat several times over the course of the morning. It managed to get him to quit whining about the TV, stop throwing puzzle peices, and stop tormenting his brother.

This afternoon we are headed to the library and I think I will try to cram in grocery shopping too.

Tomorrow we have a big outing planned. B is taking the day off, we are making J get out of bed and come along, and we are going to the Japanese Garden, Art Museum, Lunch downtown and perhaps...bowling!

No comments: