Saturday, March 01, 2008

A lesson is stepping out of the way


Piggy banks, a sordid affair in our home, Roo broke into (literally) Osito's one day and ever since then we have had one very ugly piggy bank that is now MIA. I spotted these nice red ones at Winco for $1.98. Usually just plain blank white ones are $10 so I grabbed 2. They both chose Red so embellishment was needed to prevent confusion, theft and bickering. I wanted to just have them "help" me paint their names. I invisioned them WATCHING me paint the names. Roo took me literally and had a grand old plan for his pig. I really wanted 2 nice matching pigs. I tried to convince him to just paint his name, then to at least do the stripes in the same direction. Finally I bit my tongue and let him have his way. I am glad I did because he was very pleased with it.

No comments: